Best Practices for Alternative Investment Fund Managers Valuation Functions
- Portfolio valuation versus business valuation characteristics
- Portfolio valuation risk assessments
- Valuation process and governance in the context of AIFMD, including Valuation Function Operating Model, Valuation Policy, Procedures and Committees
- Valuation models governance under AIFMD and related challenges: model complexity, model heterogeneity and discount rates dislocation
This session will be held in English language.
Session F-3: Friday, 1 December 2023 I 10:30 – 11:30 am
Rafaël Le Saux, CFA, CAIA, CFM, FMVA, ABV
PwC Luxembourg I Director Corporate Finance, Valuation
- Rafaël is specialised in Valuation Services within PwC Corporate Finance Luxembourg and has 13 years of relevant valuation experience.
- Prior to joining PwC, Rafaël was Conducting Officer Valuation for Partners Group’s AIFM, one of the largest in-house AIFMs in Luxembourg as well as standing member of all four asset-class specific Global Valuation Committees (i.e. PE, PD, Real Estate and Infrastructure) overseeing USD 120b of AUM.
- He also worked for over nine years within the Valuation and Modelling department of another large professional services firm, across France, Australia and Chile.
- Furthermore, Rafaël is vice-chairman of Luxembourg Valuation Professionals Association (LVPA) and leads LVPA Technical Working Group.
- Rafaël shows a strong expertise in intangibles valuation and has participated in over twenty purchase price allocation processes and has reviewed more than fifty of these exercises for audit support purposes. Moreover, he was lead facilitator for purchase price allocation training across EMEIA for another leading professional services firm.
- He has lectured valuation related subjects in ten different business schools including EMLyon, Neoma, Grenoble EM and Luxembourg School of Business.