Early Warning Signs (Value Based) of Imbalances in Troubled Firms
- Using valuation to diagnose structural imbalances
- When (accounting) invested capital is a multiple of replacement cost of the assets
- Structural operating imbalances and/or structural financial imbalances
- The sustainability of unsustainable imbalances: the mystery of the zombie firms
Opening Keynote, 10:00 – 11:00 am
Prof. Dr. Mauro Bini
Bocconi University Milan I Professor of Corporate Finance
Mauro is full professor of corporate finance at Bocconi University (Milan), where he teaches at graduate level "Fair Value Accounting and Valuation" and "Deal Design".
- Chairman of the management board of OIV – Organismo Italiano di Valutazione (the Italian valuation standard setter, created by four Italian Association of professionals – CPAs, CFAs, CFOs, Auditors – the Italian Stock Exchange and Bocconi University);
- Member of the Standard Review Board of IVSC – International Valuation Standard Committee;
- Member of the CAG – Consultative Advisory Group of IAASB – International Auditing and Assurance Standard Board.
He is author of books on Business Valuation, Intangible Assets Valuation, Impairment Testing.